Donna always sang songs around home. One Sunday morning, she told the Sunday School Superintendent that she wanted to sing. To her parents' surprise, she got up and sang "Born to Serve the Lord" without any hesitation or fear. From that moment on, Donna began singing solos at church quite often.
For almost a decade, Donna also sang backup in her church's praise band. Her rich alto voice is well respected by others and adds a great amount of depth to any song she sings. Many are amazed at her low vocal range, even being able to sing the higher bass notes.
Brenda also began singing in church as a youngster, with her sister and two other girls. Her first solo was a verse to "The King Is Coming." Although she didn't begin singing full solos until she was in her 20's, she was often featured on verses in choir numbers. Brenda well remembers she and Donna using pencils as microphones, turning out their bedroom light, and using a flashlight as a spotlight during their performances. If pencils weren't available, hairbrushes worked well. Like her sister, she also participated in school choirs.
Today, Brenda provides that high soprano sound that Donna would never be able to sing! Together, their harmony is vastly enjoyed by listening audiences everywhere.
To enjoy these sisters' harmonies, visit the "Our Music" page to hear song clips from their projects.
- Recorded “LIVE In Concert” project in 2004, with their own children performing a song with them
- 2004 & 2005 Top 10 Diamond Award Nominee for “Duet of the Year”
- 2006, 2007 & 2008 Top 5 Diamond Award Finalist for “Duet of the Year”
- 2008 Top 5 Diamond Award Finalist for "Duet of the Year"
- 2008 Diamond Award "Sunrise Artist" 2009 Diamond Award for "Video of the Year" (Susie's Eyes)
- 2006, 2007 & 2008 Country Gospel Music Association's “Acapella Artist of the Year” and “Duo of the Year”
- Performed at 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 NQC “Regional Artist Showcase”
- "Mercy, Grace, Love” project released September 2006 with songs written by Dee Gaskin, Rebecca Peck, John Darin Rowsey, Greg Day, and Gerald Crabb ~ to name a few
- As duet, have performed with Naomi & the Segos; Brian Free & Assurance; Imperials; Young Harmony; The Hoppers